Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday: The African Sun

Today is Tuesday, the 2nd day of the last week here at MICS. So much has happened in just the past two days I could not wait to post! Last week I was given the news that I could no longer teach 4th grade Math because of my accent and I was kinda upset but I knew God was in control and He had bigger plans than I had for myself. Come Monday, Mrs Cynthia the other Reception teacher, has been sick and is supposed to be having her baby any day now and is not in school. So I got the opportunity to teach Reception two days in a row with Mrs. Anastasia!! It has been so fulfilling and rewarding. I love the little ones and that is where my heart and true passion lie, I have also been able to teach the little Reception and 1st grade girls in P.E. and I have been teaching them cheers, such as "Bang, Bang Choo Choo Train" and "Firecracker, Firecracker" and the "Banana" Cheer! It has been so fun to play with them and have fun outside. I have also been able to teach them "Little Sally Walker" and play Hide-and-Seek with them. They are absolutely precious and I receive so much Joy from them! I also am able to teach the Reception class, which is like a Kindergarden class in the states, Bible and I am reading from this great Bible storybook called, "The Jesus Storybook Bible". I was given this awesome Bible by my mentor, Lindsay, Freshmen year of college and love it so much. It gives and tells of the hope of Jesus in each story and has really cute illustrations.
It is probably one of the hottest days that we have had so far today...that African sun...I am so blessed to be here and to be able to form relationships with the Staff and teachers and especially the students at MICS. Many of the children have come up to Sawyer, Joe and I and asked us when we are leaving and they get pretty upset when we tell them. We are leaving this Friday and only have 3 1/2 more days with the kids. Please pray for intentional conversations to happen with the children and with the staff and we will finish the race that God has allowed each of us to run well and let our actions, thoughts and words be honoring and glorifying to God. My heart has been breaking the past few days knowing that I am going to have to leave the kids, but I know God's timing is perfect and if He wants me to come back He will allow me to. He has been so faithful to all of us, Sawyer, Joe and I, and allowed us to make a huge impact for the Lord and be impacted by the precious children here. I read a letter from one of my dear mentors and friends the other day, Christy and I wanted to encourage you with the verses she gave me.
"He who did not spare His own Son, surely along with Him won't He graciously give us all things?"
Romans 8:32

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which, clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2

"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"
Romans 10:14-16

Thank you for always praying, May the Lord bless you and reveal Himself to you in a special way today! I WILL PRAISE HIS NAME FOREVER!
-rach

1 comment:

  1. there are some things we can control and some things which other people can help us get rid of, but some things we just have to accept them the way they are its in the hands of the master planner (GOD). it was nice knowing you Rach

    ReplyDelete