Saturday, April 9, 2011

Home again Home again...

 me flying to Macha!
 Brian, Lisa and Chibonwa
 Chipande, Josephine, Sevina
 Fannie, me and Sawyer
 the cutest little boy at MICS: Mumba
 We tie-dyed bandannas one afternoon with the kiddies:)
 me and my sweet friend Sawyer
 one of the most beautiful sunsets EVER!
 our dear friends Moses and Marit: Marit was working at the hospital and is from Holland and Moses lives in Zambia and is from Zimbabwe. Moses came with us to Livingstone to see the Falls and they were both in our Bible Study! Miss them both so much!
 FLYING FOX!! I Free fell into the gorge it was SO AMAZING!
 All of MICS-Reception through Grade 6 and all of the staff! I love and miss you all!
 Sawyer, Fannie, Joe and I
 VICTORIA FALLS!!! The most amazing, powerful thing I have ever seen.
 ELEPHANTS ON THE SAFARI IN CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
 elephants galore: there were over 200,000 elephants in Chobe
 a mama and her baby! So so sweet. It takes 22 months for a baby to form inside its mother.
 2 Lionesses and their cubs, so amazing. We got to see Lions everyday we were there.
 GIRAFFES!!
 We got to run with the elephants, one of the coolest experiences EVER. 2 Lions below:)
I am back in the States, and it is about the weirdest feeling EVER. My flight from Africa was a grand total of 32 hours and counting...it was REALLY long. It was so great to see my family! My Papa, Mom, Dad, Uncle Reid and Susan were there to greet me at Baggage Claim and all my stuff (what I had left of it) was back safe as well. Joe and Rach arrived home the day before I did and enjoyed being with friends and family too. I am staying in Macon until Monday and then headed to the Classic City to see my brother!! I cannot wait to see him, I have missed him so much. In 19 days I am going to be able to road trip it to Birmingham and see my 3 best friends, see the Avett Brothers LIVE and watch FRIENDS all weekend. I cannot wait! Love you Liz, Craig and Jill!!! I cannot wait to be back on the island Thursday and see all my friends there too. Thank you for everyone that has been faithfully praying for me and for my trip to Africa. It was the most amazing thing I have ever done and I cannot wait for the day until I return to that beautiful country. God did and is still doing amazing things in my heart through the people I met and the things I was able to witness in Africa. He is forever faithful and gives us all we need. Trusting Him is easy when you know He is in control. I wanted to show ya'll a few pictures of my time I spent in Africa: ( above)
All my love,
--Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment